Tessa E. Shurr
About Tessa E. Shurr
Tessa E. Shurr serves as Litigation Associate at the Fairness Center, where she focuses on representing clients in state and federal courts and before administrative boards.
Tessa graduated from Penn State Dickinson Law in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. There, she served as Managing Editor of the Dickinson Law Review, one of the oldest legal journals in the United States. During her time in law school, Tessa earned CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Advanced Federal Income Tax; Congressional Investigations; and Blockchain, Cryptocurrency, & Law. She also published an academic comment proposing a new regulatory scheme for digital assets and cryptocurrency.
Prior to joining the Fairness Center, Tessa counseled high-level leadership at the U.S. Department of Justice’s Office of Legal Policy on legislative and regulatory matters, assisted the U.S. Department of Defense with procurement of supplies and services, and worked on both civil and criminal cases at the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
Tessa hails from Florida and received her Bachelor of Science degrees in both Political Science and Risk Management & Insurance from Florida State University. During her time in college, she played the flute as a member of the Marching Chiefs and interned for the Office of the Florida Senate President and the Executive Office of the Florida Governor.
Penn State Dickinson Law, J.D.
Florida State University, B.S., cum laude
- The Federalist Society
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- New York Bar
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia