Stephen B. Edwards
About Stephen B. Edwards
As Litigation Counsel at the Fairness Center, Stephen B. Edwards seeks to vindicate the rights of public-sector employees who have been wronged by union officials. He leverages his knowledge of the federal court system to help clients bring constitutional claims, while also maintaining an active presence in state courts and before administrative boards. As a litigator, Stephen is driven by a desire to see his clients made whole as well as a personal fascination with the law.
Before joining the Fairness Center, Stephen worked as a litigation associate at two firms in Harrisburg, where he represented both plaintiffs and defendants in civil rights cases across Pennsylvania. Through that experience, he gained an intimate understanding of the state and federal constitutional doctrines that inform his current work at the Fairness Center.
Stephen earned a B.A. in English Literature from Furman University and his J.D. from the Washington & Lee University School of Law. In his free time, Stephen and his wife enjoy good movies, good food, and the small but precious amount of free reading that their busy lives allow.
Furman University, B.A.
Washington & Lee University, J.D.
A Critique of the Nanty-Glo Summary Judgment Rule, 94 Pa. B. A. Q. 39 (Jan. 2023).
Who Decides? Migliori v. Cohen and Judicial Efforts to Enforce Election Fairness, The Pennsylvania Lawyer, Nov.-Dec. 2022, at 41-48.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania